Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Big 5!

This past Tuesday, my baby boy turned 5 years old! I can't believe it. As I was tucking him in the night before, I mentioned that next time I see him, he'll be five! He thought about that a minute and then said, "When I turn five, does that mean I get to talk louder?" I immediately replied, "NO! Actually, when you turn 5, you'll talk more quietly, because you'll know how to use an inside voice a little better." Hmm. I guess my constant begging "Cotter, pllleeeaaassseee... be quiet. You're gonna wake up your sister!" is getting a little old for him. I don't remember at what age comes voluntary volume control, but age 5 sounds good to me!

As I shared in the post below, we went to Sea World to celebrate Cotter's birthday. So, on his actual birthday, we had a nice, quiet evening. Their across-the-street friend Anthony (who blends into our family quiet nicely) came over for pizza and cupcakes. I hid Cotter's presents with treasure hunt clues, so that he'd have more fun finding and opening them. They seemed to like that. But I did have to set a few boundaries for Aidan, who, before we started the treasure hunt, said, "When do WE get to open OUR presents?" He has never been too subtle with his intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home