Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Time for a Cotter Tale

It's been a while since I've had a post dedicated to Cotter, so I figured I'd share a couple of his recent funnies. He's quite a humorous little boy at times.

One of these instances happened a day or two ago when Aidan and Cotter were in Kaitlyn's room working one of HER puzzles. (This puzzle was an awesome gift from a friend for Kaitlyn's birthday. It has really big wooden pieces that can't be swallowed or bent, and it has pictures of all sorts of animals on it. Gotta like that!) Roy and I were working on something in the kitchen, and we hear an argument ensuing. We sort of tune it out for a while until that is no longer possible, so we then begin listening to what is actually being said.

Cotter: "NOOO... don't tell me what it eats, tell me what it IS!" (With a loud whine of frustration.)
Aidan: "I SAID it's an ANT EATER!" (With even louder insistence.)
Cotter (now with tears): "AIDAN...Why won't you just tell me what it is?"

[I could go on, but you get the point. Cotter ran to us to get the answer he was looking for. He wasn't exactly expecting us to say, "It's an Ant Eater!" Poor guy. He can laugh about it now. :-) ]

Also, Cotter and I were talking today about the Christmas story. It's fun to ask a four-year-old questions to see what they'll come up with. When asked what gifts he thought the wise men brought Jesus, Cotter replied with a smile, "I think they brought him Transformers, Bionicles and Ben Ten guys." And when we talked about shepherds, Cotter proclaimed convincingly that shepherds could read. Hmm... now that's a fact that even I didn't know! When asked to explain why he thought shepherds could read, he replied, "They had to look for the star that said HOLY STAR. Not a shooting star, a holy star!" Too cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home