Monday, July 21, 2008

This morning we had to get up and at it early to take the boys to VBS. As usual, I told Kaitlyn she needed to get dressed, so the pajamas (or "pumamas" as she calls them) came off in a flash, and she ran to her clothes drawer for me to open. Very fashion-minded, Kaitlyn will not just allow me to pick an outfit for her. She has to stand at her drawer for a few minutes, weighing her options. She chose the striped shorts. I then selected a green shirt to go with them and walked out of the room. She wasn't satisfied and had me open the drawer back up, because she wanted the white shirt to go with them. Okay, that's settled. Then, it was shoe time. She wanted to wear her brand-new $3.85 pair of Target shoes, along with socks. PINK socks she yelled at me as I went back into the room to select some socks for her. White socks wouldn't do. So, we wrestled the pair of too-small pink socks (apparently I should have also acquired some new socks from Target) onto her, along with her shoes. When I announced it was time for everyone to get into the car, off runs Kaitlyn. She grabs her hat, worn backwards, selects a gray purse from among her stash, opens a kitchen drawer and grabs a cup to pour some cheerios into for snacking on in the car, and she's ready to go! I must say, she may be high-maintenance, but she still gets ready before her brothers do. Let's hope that lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home