Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Birthday Celebration Times Three!

A couple weeks ago we traveled to Atlanta for a surprise 60th birthday party for my Dad. The party was lots of fun with over 100 people in attendance, and we were all amazed that we pulled off a true surprise for him. That was quite an accomplishment! I want to track down a picture taken of him at the moment of surprise. But, for now you'll have to make do with pictures of the second party in Atlanta--a joint birthday celebration for Kaitlyn (born on Nov. 3) and her cousin Brennan (born on my Dad's b-day, Oct. 15). I don't think I'm going to be able to fit the pictures and all the text on the same post, so see the pics in the post above.

Anyway, we have lots of Hispanic friends here in Orlando, and they really know how to put on a good party! A kid's first birthday is a really big deal. I don't think I'm going to admit to my friends that Kaitlyn's first birthday celebration lasted about 20 minutes and included any family members who happened to be around at the time. I figure, she's one! She won't remember! Oh, well. Shame on me. We did do the obligatory cake with lots of icing for a good picture. Brennan knew exactly what to do with birthday cake--eat it, smash it, rub it in your hair....drop it, throw it, bathe in it, pat it...you get the picture. Kaitlyn, ever the dainty lady, did touch it a couple of times and eventually picked up the entire plate and dumped it upside down. I think we had to convince her to try the cake, which is no big surprise considering her selective eating habits. But, we did have fun.

And, we brought her a birthday present, too, from Orlando, even though it wasn't her true birthday. Now, that's not bad for pre-planning! (I think Emily and Adam bought Brennan's presents the same day of the party.) She loves her little baby doll (the first one I've ever gotten to buy!) She hugs her and pats her and kisses her and talks to her...and even eats her toes! What a good little Mommy! Kaitlyn's true birthday is in two days. I'm not sure what we are going to do to mark the official day. I guess you'll have to come back later to find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home