Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Always Wanted a Son Named "Bill-Ian-Eyre"


We are in the process of trying to sell some things on Ebay and Craig's List. I was trying to convince the boys to sell some of their seldom used (but still in good condition) toys and use some of the money for a toy they actually wanted. Aidan, who has always had a hard time giving anything away, resisted that idea. However, he did like the idea of purchasing a new toy! Of course, I told him "no." He asked if he could buy one with the money in his piggy bank. I asked him how much money he had. "I don't know" was the reply. So, I told him to go count his money. I figured there was no way he would have enough money for the toy he wanted, but at least he'd get a little math practice.

There was a good bit of clinking in the background as many coins came tubbling out of his piggybank into a heap on the floor. A couple minutes later, Aidan calls, "Mommy, I need your help!" I yelled back, "You can count your money yourself, just put the coins in individual piles of $1 each and count the piles." His reply? "But Mommy, I can only count to 9 billion!"

1 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger CLEyre said...

Oh, how nice. You'd name your son in honor of Grandpa Bill and Uncle Ian ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home