Friday, August 11, 2006

I Can't Decide


Many people have asked me the same question this week. Well, it's not really a question--it's more like a statement with a question mark at the end. It goes something like this: "Aren't you glad you now have two kids in school?" And, "Aren't you enjoying your free time?" (This past Monday I sent Aidan to second grade and Cotter off to his 3-day-a-week Pre-K.) I really don't know how to answer this question. On the one hand, yes those 3 hours at home in the morning with just Kaitlyn are great. While Kaitlyn is napping, I'm able to spend a more regular time every morning praying and reflecting on Scripture. I'm cherishing that time, in fact. However, the hectic mornings spent trying to get both kids to separate schools at the same time and the 2 hours a day on the road are not exactly a "break" by any stretch of the imagination. And then there's poor Kaitlyn whose afternoon nap is more often than not a 20 minute affair on the way to get Cotter. All in all, though, I think we made the right decision.

Another question that has been almost as common this week: "How are the kids liking school?" This one comes with an easy answer. They wake up giddy that they get to go to school. Cotter complains on Tuesdays and Thursdays, "Why don't I get to go to school?" Of course, I think they are having a little TOO much fun at school. On Wednesday, Cotter got in trouble for trying repeatedly to balance with his feet on the top of his chair and his hands on a tabletop. And, Aidan is about to be separated from his new friend sitting beside him, because they are being too silly. Those are my boys! Good luck teachers, all power to you.

Yes, maybe I am enjoying my "break" afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home